Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Relapse # 22

We have been weaning Ethan from prednisone for the last 9 weeks and we had another 3 weeks to go until he would be fully off. Seven days ago when Ethan reached 10mg, we began to notice his seasonal allergies coming back. I don't know how to put into words how I knew, but I just knew at that point a relapse was coming. Even before Ethan's relapse in March, God was bringing people across my path, things I would read or come across all had the same theme, preparing me for something that was coming.

In February a full 6 weeks before Ethan would relapse, a friend of mine came to my door and gave me this scripture. She said God has laid it upon her heart to give this to me.

Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and uphold you with my righteous right hand".

I was so thankful for this friend and giving me this verse, I put it beside my bed on top of my Bible and every night and morning I would repeat this to myself. But deep down I questioned, why would God give this to me? What is coming that I need to be reminded of this. I was uneasy in my spirit every time I thought of this, until I began to say this verse to myself, then I would calm down. Little did we know 6 weeks later Ethan would relapse. Relapses hit me hard emotionally and really it affects the whole family. I didn't realize how much it affected even Adam until a few years ago. Having boys they don't often talk about their feelings, especially Ethan. Today for example he tested himself and he didn't want to tell me what it was, he wanted me to go and see for myself.  He never talked about the result either....  He knows I blog by the way, but he hasn't yet read any of my posts. I started this blog for myself and to give family updates. Maybe one day he will read this and then again maybe he won't.

So please keep us all in your prayers as we figure out what to do with his medications. Pray that Ethan can finish up the school year well. He finds concentrating and getting his assignments done much harder when he is on prednisone. He was doing so well at handing his assignments in until this relapse in March. Pray for the Doctor's to know how to best treat Ethan and that he will finally be able to get off prednisone. Waiting on the Lord once again to supply our needs and give us strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment